Vision & Goals
- Telugu Language Learning Enhanced on the World Canvass and
- Global Telugu Community Energized Linguistically & Culturally
Mission is to achieve the Vision & Goals by
Developing “International Bala Siksha” syllabus, preparing lesson plans, training the trainers and help organizing Telugu Badis across the globe
Teaching Telugu Language & Literature at International standards, using modern tools & techniques, with community support & participation
Helping Telugu Communities living abroad and in India
Propagating Telugu Language, Culture, Values and Traditions
• Supported several Telugu language teaching initiatives and learned from community education programs in the USA.
• Initiated Austin Telugu Badi with a team of Parent Teacher Volunteers involved in Austin Hindu Temple & Community Center (AHTCC).
• Weekly classes conducted in volunteer parent homes, in rented school classrooms and in AHTCC-MPRH
• Grew with AHTCC Bala Vihar and other Gurukul Educational programs.
• Students started presenting the padyams learned in Telugu Cultural Association, Austin (TCA) cultural events.
• “amtarjAtIya bAla Siksha” syllabus developed: bAlAnaMdaM (B1-B3), pravESaM(L1-L3), prAvINyaM (L4-L6), and praj~na (L7-L9).
• Started structured semester (10-15 week) approach with defined measurable goals and milestones for each incremental learning level.
• Obtained Parent-Teacher commitments and started weekly classes at North Austin Mathnasium in Austin.
• Initiated multiple International Telugu Badi centers in Atlanta, Chicago (Mana Andari Badi), Dallas/Plano area and South Austin.
• Students presented skits in several Telugu Cultural Association cultural programs at multiple centers.
• Started Annual Poem Recital, Elocution and Essay writing competitions and the end-of-academic year Anniversary events
• Expanded “amtarjAtIya bAla Siksha” syllabus and started additional Austin Telugu Badi centers and batches.
• Shared syllabus and teaching methods with Telugu Badis in Beaumont, New Hampshire, California, Seattle and in Australia
• Started new Telugu Badis in Cincinnati (Tarangini Telugu Patasala), Bentonville (NWA Telugu Badi)
• International Telugu Badi centers Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati and Bentonville grew in size and commitment.
• First batch of students completing all learning levels graduated from Austin followed by other International Telugu Badi centers.
• Annual competitions and the Anniversary events continued to be attended by over 400 students, parent teachers and guests.
• Registered International Telugu Badi as a non-profit community education institution and obtained IRS 501c(3) status with tax exemption.
• Started collaborating with Chinmaya Mission Balavihar program to incorporate our syllabus & methods as part of language learning.
• Shared syllabus and teaching methods with Bharati Tirtha Trust in Stroudsberg, PA and Chinmaya centers in Kansas City and Maryland.
• Weekly classes started at Chinmaya Mission Austin under MOU, our curriculum and practices also shared with several centers across USA.• Conducted and Supported Sahiti Sadassulu and Avadhaanamulu in Austin. Multiple batches of International Telugu Badi students graduated.
- • Started new International Telugu Badi centers in Reno, NV and Folsom, CA.
- 2020 –
• Started virtual / online teaching for all levels at multiple International Telugu Badi centers.
• Streamed talent show (in lieu of anniversary) live online, students started participating in Sahiti sadassulu.• Revamped our website, updated the content and added online registration.