Vision & Goals
- Telugu Language Learning Enhanced on the World Canvass and
- Global Telugu Community Energized Linguistically & Culturally
Mission is to achieve the Vision & Goals by
Developing “International Bala Siksha” syllabus, preparing lesson plans, training the trainers and help organizing Telugu Badis across the globe
Teaching Telugu Language and Literature at International standards, using modern tools and techniques, with community support and participation
Helping Telugu Community living abroad and in India
Propagating Telugu Language, Culture, Values and Traditions
• Learned from several community education programs in USA.
• Austin Telugu Badi Started by a team of Parent Teacher Volunteers involved in Austin Hindu Temple & Community Center (AHTCC) planning.
• Weekly classes conducted in volunteer parent homes and at Murchison Middle School.
• Bi-weekly classes conducted in AHTCC-MPRH.
• Grew with AHTCC Bala Vihar and other Educational programs.
• Kids presented poems in Telugu Cultural Association (TCA) cultural programs.
• Developed “amtarjAtIya bAla Siksha” syllabus.
• Started structured semester (10-15 week) approach with defined measurable goals and milestones for each semester.
• Obtained Parent-Teacher contributions and commitments.
• Weekly classes started at North Austin Mathnasium.
• Initiated Telugu Badis in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and South Austin.
• Kids presented skits in Telugu Cultural Association (TCA) “ugAdi” cultural program
• Started Annual Poem recital competition and end-of-academic year Anniversary event
• Expanded “amtarjAtIya bAla Siksha” syllabus
• Started Batch #2 in AustinNorth TeluguBadi
• Other Telugu Badis such as AustinNorth Batch #1, Austin South, Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas grew in size and commitment
• 2nd Annual Poem recital competition and the end-of-academic year Anniversary event were attended by over 400 students, parent teachers and guests.